Congratulations! It is an amazing and joyous time when we find the person to whom we want to make a life-long commitment. The legal marriage ceremony I provide for mixed-sex and same-sex couples is the equivalent to a civil ceremony that might be provided by a clerk at the City Hall or a Justice of the Peace.

However, as a Humanist Officiant I can help you to create a warm, meaningful, and genuine ceremony that will help you to express to your friends and family what your relationship means to you. Your wedding will be tailored to your needs so that you can get married where you want, when you want, and how you want. You can set the tone that is right for you, and aside from the legal requirements, you can choose your own location, words and music.

Once you contact me for a meeting, we can determine your needs and if I am a good fit for you as an Officiant. If you decide to book your wedding with me, we will both sign a contact and you will provide me with a deposit.

Then, it will be your responsibility to obtain the Marriage Licence up to 90 days before the ceremony. Without the Marriage Licence, I cannot perform the ceremony for you. You can get a Marriage Licence from any municipality in Ontario, and I.D. is required. If you are divorced, you must provide either the original or a court-certified copy of your certificate of divorce, or Decree Absolute.

For more information, please visit Getting Married in Ontario.

Other related links

Guelph: Marriage Licence
Cambridge: Marriage Licence
Kitchener: Births Deaths and Marriages